I am a radiology resident at Washington University in St. Louis. As a brief resume, I have a B.S. in Biological Sciences from Stanford University and an M.D. from Stanford School of Medicine. I did a Transitional Intern year at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia. My hobby is computer programming, and I have an interest in biomedical informatics. Please feel free to email me at markmhammer at gmail.com.
Resources and Computer Programs
- SignOut - a Java applet that allows residents to create a sign-out report for patient hand-offs. The applet will write to a file on a shared network drive and allow for concurrent editing.
- Interactive MRI Physics Simulations - Interactive Java applets and animations showing several topics in MRI physics, including SNR, bandwidth, phase-contrast MRA, flow-related dephasing, and parallel imaging.
- Flow Cytometry Software
- CytoBank - a web-based flow cytometry data analysis platform sponsored by BD.
- FACSManip - a fully featured and easy to use (and free) FACS analysis program. To run, double-click FACSManip.jar (it should work if you have Java installed), or, if you have a PC, download and run this program as well. Brief instructions: operation should be intuitive; to load files, use the Open command on the File menu; to display data, make a new plot (use the toolbar icon), right-click, and select "Choose Data".
- WebFlow - a web-based (Java Servlet-based) high-throughput flow cytometry data analysis platform. Download it here.
- TrayTimer - a program that resides in the system tray
on Windows 95/98 PCs and runs a specified program (*.exe or *.bat) in the
background at specified intervals.
- SQL through Excel - a Visual Basic script that allows a Microsoft Excel file to both view
and edit an ODBC (SQL) database (Microsoft Query only allows viewing).
- GraphicsV - a Java class (subclass of Graphics2D) that allows you to write to
SVG and WMF file formats.
- DNAManip - a fully featured and easy to use (and free) DNA plasmid (vector) mapping program. Download
DNAManip here; you also need to get Java.
After you download the files, extract them to a folder and double-click DNAManip.jar.
- Stuntcopter - like the old Mac game. Drop the stuntman into the moving haycart.
- Electric Field Hockey - inspired by the old computer game. Place charges to get the gray charge to move into
- Mendel - a Mendelian genetics simulator that models the results of a two-gene
inheritance, including a number of complications. Use it to quiz yourself.
- Study Guides: